We wanted a vegan pancake recipe that was very easy to make and without any bananas or apple compote that we rarely get. And we’re really happy with this one! The pancakes are quick to make and very moist. We make them regularly in the van, but it’s a recipe that we can easily take with us on a hike: just prepare all the dry ingredients in advance, put them in a small box and add water when you make them.
We usually dress our pancakes with agave syrup or sugar and lemon juice.
- 2 mugs of wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon corn or potato starch
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 level tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 mugs of vegetable milk or water (if you add water, you can eventually add 4 tablespoons of mixed oats)
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (sunflower, grape seed, rapeseed, etc.)
- 1 stove
- 1 mug (for dosing)
- 1 salad bowl or large bowl
- 1 pan
- 1 whisk (optional)
- 1 spatula (optional)
- 1 tablespoon
- Mix all the dry ingredients in the bowl.
- Add water or plant milk, then oil, stirring regularly to avoid lumps.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of pancake batter into the hot pan (oiled if it tends to stick).
- Turn over when the edges are dry and cook for about 2 minutes on the other side.