It’s kind of magical how with two cans of food and some spices, you can have a good filling dish that is easy to make on the road.
I learned to cook chana masala while traveling in India, I have greatly simplified the recipe to fit life on the road. But I am happy to find the flavors that remind me of my trip.
I usually accompany it with chapatis (breads in the frying pan) or rice as here.
Total: 10 min
Preparation: 2 min
Cooking: 8 min
NUMBER OF PORTIONS
All the year
For vanlife / One pot / Gluten-free
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- Spices: curry powder, salt, pepper, chili powder, coriander powder, ginger powder, garlic powder (coriander, ginger and garlic can of course be replaced by their fresh equivalent)
- 1 stove
- 1 saucepan
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 soup spoon
- Drain the chickpeas and put them in the pot.
- Add the diced tomatoes and heat over medium heat.
- Add the spices: 1 tablespoon of curry powder, then a pinch of salt, pepper, chilli, coriander, ginger and garlic.
- Mix, taste the sauce and adjust spices to taste.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice or chapatis.