Instant noodle soup is still a great hiking classic! Here’s our version, homemade (well, made in the van), and vegan of course! A miso soup base, some dehydrated mushrooms and seaweed, sesame seeds, quick-cooking noodles and a tofu block for protein.
Total: 10 min
Preparation: 5 min
Cooking: 5 min
NUMBER OF PORTIONS
All the year
For hiking / For vanlife / One pot
- 2 tablespoons of brown miso
- 1 handful of dehydrated mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons of dry seaweed flakes
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 2 servings of quick-cooking Asian noodles (soba or udon type)
- 1 block of plain firm tofu, if possible in a tetra-pack type packaging that doesn’t require refrigerated storage.
- 1 stove
- 1 saucepan
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 reusable freezer bag
- Cut the dehydrated mushrooms into small pieces.
- Mix the miso, seaweed, sesame seeds and mushrooms in the freezer bag.
- At the time of preparation, boil 1 liter of water in the pan, add the preparation, noodles and cubed tofu. Wait for the noodles to cook (usually 2 to 3 minutes).