A good vegan risotto is perfect when travelling: it’s a one-pot recipe, you can make many variations throughout the year, it’s economical and easy to make! This vegan risotto with leek and coconut is one of our favourite winter recipes.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 mug of white rice
- 1 leek
- 1 can of coconut cream
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock
- powder or Vegemite or miso
- Salt, pepper, coriander powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Some toasted seeds for training (optional)
- 1 mug (for dosage)
- 1 saucepan
- 1 cutting board
- 1 knife
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 tablespoon
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and brown them in olive oil.
- Add the rice.
- When the rice grains become a little translucent, cover it with hot water and put the vegetable stock powder (or miso, or Vegemite).
- Leave to cook over low heat, stirring regularly.
Finely chop the leek and add it to the pot.
- Add water as you go and stir regularly.
- After about 15 minutes, the rice should be cooked: add the coconut cream, spices, lemon juice and leave on the heat for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with a few seeds and/or dietary yeast on top.