When we prepare our menus for hiking trips, we take special care to have protein at every meal. And for this, red lentils are perfect: light and quick cooking. To accompany them, we looked for a food that is also light and that cooks quickly, but also nourishing, because we are not going to lie to ourselves, after a day of walking we have the slab! The polenta is perfect for that and it changes from semolina!
Total: 17 min
Preparation: 5 min
Cooking / Rest: 12 min
NUMBER OF PORTIONS
All the year
For hiking / Gluten-free
For the polenta:
- 1 mug 1/2 of polenta
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
For the dhal:
- 1 mug of red lentils
- salt, pepper, coriander powder, curry powder, chilli pepper
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 stove
- 1 mug (for dosing)
- 1 saucepan
- 1 wooden spoon
- 2 reusable freezer bags
- In a first freezer bag, put the polenta, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- In the second freezer bag, put the red lentils, salt, pepper, coriander, curry and chilli pepper.
- Bring 3 mugs of water to a boil and gently pour the contents of the first bag while stirring continuously until the polenta thickens (about 2 minutes).
- Set aside in the bowls, rinse the pan quickly to reuse it for the dhal.
- Pour the contents of the second bag, about 1/4 of a mug of water and the contents of the canned tomatoes.
- Mix and let cook on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the dhal over the polenta and enjoy!