While we were sharing our salted buckwheat pancakes on Instagram, someone suggested we add mashed potatoes to make Pontavy pancakes. We quickly tested it and were completely seduced by this recipe. It’s an ideal accompaniment to salads or to spread good things on top, it’s ultra economical. And it’s really easy to make in a van or to take cold on a hike. In short, this recipe is good for travelers!
- 2 large potatoes (their crushed flesh should fill about 1 mug)
- 1 mug of buckwheat flour
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
- 1 stove
- 1 mug (for dosing)
- 1 salad bowl or large bowl
- 1 saucepan
- 1 pan
- 1 knife
- 1 range
- 1 spatula
- 1 tablespoon
- Cook the potatoes cut into small pieces for about 10 minutes in a pot of boiling water.
- Mash the cooked potatoes with a fork at the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the flour, vegetable oil and spices and mix well.
- Add water to the mixture (about 1 mug) to obtain a homogeneous and creamy dough (like pancake batter).
- Pour a few tablespoons of batter into the hot pan to form a cake about 15 cm in diameter.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side and then start again until there is no more dough!