To accompany a salad, in a burger or even cold in a sandwich, we love these vegan steaks! Their texture is really nice, they are full of proteins, have a nice color thanks to the beetroot and are especially delicious! I (Léa) wasn’t a fan of beetroot before, but these vegan burgers have definitely reconciled me with this root vegetable.
- 1 mug or 1 can of cooked kidney beans or atzuki beans
- 1 half mug of dry quinoa or 1 mug of cooked quinoa
- 2 beetroots
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon of corn or potato starch
- 3 tablespoons of chickpea flour (or wheat flour)
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 3 tablespoons of sesame seeds (roasted if possible)
- salt, pepper, chilli pepper, smoked paprika
- 1 stove
- 1 mug (for dosing)
- 1 salad bowl or large bowl
- 1 saucepan
- 1 pan
- a small blender or a good bite of a fork
- 1 cutting board
- 1 knife
- 1 spatula
- 1 tablespoon
Cook the quinoa after having soaked it for 2 hours and rinsed it well: put 1 mug of salted water in a saucepan, boil it and let the quinoa cook for 10 minutes. Leave 10 minutes more in the pan with the lid on and the fire off.
Blend or mash the beans.
Put the beans and quinoa in the bowl.
Cook the diced beets for 10 minutes in boiling water in the same pot that was used to cook the quinoa.
Mix or mash the beets and add them to the salad bowl.
Add the chopped onion, starch, flour, tahini, sesame seeds and spices.
Mix everything together.
Form steaks and cook on the hot pan, about 5 minutes on each side.