Here’s a salad to go that stick to your ribs: rice, chickpeas and vegan mayonnaise with a few seaweed flakes. It’s very reminiscent of tuna-mayonnaise salads (but even better!).
For the salad:
- 2 mugs of white rice
- 1 can of chickpeas (the method for making canned chickpeas here)
- 3 tablespoons of seaweed flakes
For the vegan mayonnaise:
- 4 tablespoons of plant-based yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 2/3 of a mug of vegetable oil (rapeseed or olive type)
- 1 pinch of turmeric (optional: for colour)
- 1 stove
- 1 mug (for dosing)
- 1 salad bowl or large bowl
- 1 saucepan
- a small blender
- 1 tablespoon
- Boil 3 mugs of salted water (1 1/2 times the volume of the rice) then add the rice (previously rinsed) and cook over low heat until the water is completely absorbed.
- Prepare the vegan mayonnaise by mixing all the ingredients together until it has a nice mayonnaise texture.
- Blend briefly or crush the chickpeas into a crumble.
- Mix the mayonnaise and chickpeas with the rice and sprinkle with the seaweed flakes (to remind you of the taste of the sea and to fill up with iodine), salt and pepper.