This is the recipe I’ve been making several times a week lately. Easy, quick to make, these vegan pancakes are ideal for those mornings when I want to take my time in the van, enjoy a little bit of a nice spot.
I make them either in a “neutral” version, with a touch of salt, so that I can eat them with salty (avocado, hummus, raw vegetables…) or sweet. Or sweetened when I want to eat a lot of almond-cocoa spread or – my favorite version – sugar and lemon juice.
- 2 mugs of white wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 pinch of salt (for a neutral version) or 2 tablespoons of sugar (for a sweet version)
- 2 mugs 1/2 of vegetable milk
- 2 tablespoons of neutral vegetable oil
- 1 stove
- 1 mug (for dosing)
- 1 salad bowl or large bowl
- 1 stove
- 1 whisk
- 1 spatula
- 1 tablespoon
- Mix all dry ingredients and oil in a bowl.
- Add the milk little by little while stirring with the whisk until a homogeneous texture is obtained.
- Pour a ladle of the dough onto the hot pan and rotate it to obtain a thin layer.
- When the edges come away, peel off the rest of the pancake with the spatula and turn it over, either with the spatula or by flipping it over!