This recipe is inspired by mug cakes. You know, those cakes that you prepare in a mug and cook in the microwave in less than two minutes. It’s so handy… when you have a microwave! So here’s my version of mug cake in a saucepan. It’s just as easy! And because, if you’re going to make a cake, it might as well be super gourmet, this one is chocolate with a chocolate and peanut butter heart. How dare anyone say that vegans only eat salad after this!
- 4 tablespoons wheat flour
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 tablespoons of plant-based milk
- 2 squares of dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 stove
- 1 mug
- 1 saucepan
- 1 jar
- 1 tablespoon
- Mix all the dry ingredients in the jar: wheat flour, cornstarch, sugar, cocoa, salt and baking powder.
- Add the oil and plant-based milk and mix well again until you have a smooth cake batter.
- Cover the two dark chocolate squares with peanut butter and push it into the center of the cake before covering with batter.
- Bring to a boil a base of water (about 5 cm) in the saucepan and place the closed jar in it.
- Cover and cook for 25 minutes over low heat.
- Enjoy warm (or even hot if you are as patient as I am)!