For breakfast while hiking, we usually eat overnight oats that allow us not to light the stove. But when we have more time, these pancakes make us really happy! Just add water to the preparation and it’s done!
The pan of our pot set needs a little bit of oil not to stick, so we have a small metal flask in which we have oil.
- 2 mugs of flour
- 4 tablespoons oat flakes or oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 stove
- 1 mug (for dosing)
- 1 saucepan (as a salad bowl)
- 1 stove
- a small blender
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 reusable freezer bag
- If oat flakes, mix them quickly.
- Mix all ingredients in the freezer bag.
- When preparing pancakes, add 2 mugs of water to the dry mix.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cook on an oiled pan over low heat, forming small pancakes (easier to turn over on a pan).
- Garnish them as you like (it was with date syrup for us).
- For a recipe of vegan pancakes to make every day, when you’re not hiking, go to this recipe.